Videos and Projects Image Map

Saturday, November 7, 2015


HELLO CARD

This is the first time I've ever used nothing but Stampin' Up! products for a card.  Almost everything I used came from my Demonstrators starter kit.  I had to think long and hard about what I needed, not just wanted.  And, of course, I wanted EVERYTHING!

For this card, I used a color combination I had never tried before, and because Stampin' Up! colors coordinate with eachother, it turned out beautifully.  I used Tip Top Taupe, Mint Macaron and Whisper White.  I also used the coordinating stamp pad in Tip Top Taupe.  I LOVE this color.  That and Old Olive, but i'll get into that color later!  I bought these items as a bundle also.  You get 20 sheets and 5 coordinating ink pads.  Great way to start building your products.

The stamp pads are incredible.  They aren't felt like others but foam.  And they arrive so saturated with ink that I don't have to put my stamp on it more than once and it's covered.  Love it.

I also used washi tape for the first time EVER.  It was SO HARD to work with.  (Can you hear the sarcasm there?)  I used the green with clear polka dots from the Sweet Sadie designer series.  It was on clearance (another great resource) so I thought I would try it.  Little details can add a lot to your projects and washi tape is one of them.  If you haven't tried it, do so.  You won't regret it.

For the background, I used the Large Polka Dot textured impressions embossing folder on Tip Top Taupe.  I have many embossing folders, but this by far is my favorite.  The impressions are deep and really show up.

For the flowers, I used the Flower Patch Photopolymer bundle set.  For the center of each flower is a Jewels Basic Rhinestone.  These are really clear and shine so bright.

The ribbon was a gift from my Upline for joining her team.  It is Early Espresso cotor ribbon and it's 1/4" wide.  I really like the feel of this ribbon.

So, there it is.  My very first Stampin' Up! card.  I can't wait to play some more!  If you would like to purchase any of the products that I have listed in my blog, please visit my Stampin' Up! website at 
www.thisgingercrafts.stampinup.net
.  Also, feel free to brouse the weekly deals and clearance sections.  They are a great resource for building your Stampin' Up! products.

Have a great day and happy crafting!

Judy

http://thisgingercrafts.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment